Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tacos, Snickers and Traffic ahead


tunneltraffic, originally uploaded by TH.Photography.
Strange photo to share the happenings of this special date, but it's fitting. More than 20 years ago, 23 to be exact, I agreed to a first date. I had a sneaky suspicion that it would be the last first date of my life, and I was right. The Mr. and I took a stroll through downtown Richmond, went out for dinner (Taco Bell) and dessert (Snickers bar) before joining the youth at an all-school skating party.
I still remember what I wore, what he drove, how we walked (him hanging down his arm hoping I'd grab his hand: I didn't), how we talked and how sad I was that it ended too soon.
Here we are two decades and two children later. Two people smuggled by the traffic congestion of life, but still so in love with each other.
The sign is so obvious: congestion ahead. The signs of our lives melding together in love and through the Lord were just as blatant from the word go. And today, 9-26-10, I'd still, after all the years and all the obvious, I'd still sit in traffic with him any day.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! Happy 23rd date anniversary! If I hadn't found someone to sit in traffic with already, I would be a little jealous. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers