Friday, September 17, 2010

Heart's desires


IMG_0809M2, originally uploaded by TH.Photography.
I know it takes a long time for me to get to 'the end of my rope." I don't mean that in an emotional end: yelling, screaming, crying and things like that. I mean that I'm depleted. I've given out everything I have in each area of my life. I am there now. I ran across this photo of my youngest at the beach. In his short life of 6 years, getting away for a family vacation has been close to non-existent. That makes me feel bad. My little boy doesn't walk, he runs, bounces, leaps and enjoys even the most boring of days. We're a lot of like. Somethings: smelling everything, rubbing our fingers along the silky binding of blankets, and not remembering names too well to name a few, make me shake my head in what is something eerily akin to disbelief and yet so far from it.
Going to the beach is one thing that flows through our veins fully and at an urgent pace at times. Like now. So, as it looks like he's praying sitting in the sunrise on the beach the only time he's ever been there, I'm going to pray that we return soon. As shallow as it may seem, I know the Lord wants to give me my heart's desire and now more than ever my desire is to back there where my little guy fell in love with the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers